With the changing of the seasons always comes the worst part- COLD SEASON- but with my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, you should feel well-prepared to combat sickness. Chicken noodle soup has been a long-time comfort food for a cold, thanks to the healing properties of bone broth. But instead of reaching for a can of soup, try making your own because the power of a home-cooked meal full of love is even more comforting.
You make think it takes forever to make a pot of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup but actually, this only takes 35 minutes thanks to some shortcuts. First of all, it’s all in one pot so that already saves a ton of time with dishes. For the ingredients, I use bullion to speed up the soup process, and my favorite is Better than Bullion Chicken Organic Chicken Base (affiliate link), but you can use any kind you have on hand. But just because I use a bullion doesn’t mean I’m skipping on building the bone broth- it just helps to save on hours of cooking time! I still boil the chicken for 10 minutes, so all that healing properties from the chicken bones are still in the soup.
Another shortcut I used for my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is using up what I have in my fridge. I had some baby carrots so I just chopped those up instead of making another trip to the store for a bunch of carrots. I would also have to add that cooking the pasta in the soup saves so much time too- and it makes the soup so much more tasty! It’s so good that you might not even want to wait for someone to feel sick to make a pot. Just make it anytime and freeze a serving or two so that you have some on hand when that cold strikes!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 medium carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups of uncooked Rigatoni
- 2 tbsp of Better Than Bullion chicken base or two bullion cubes
- 8 cups of water
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- In large pot heat up olive oil to medium heat and add garlic, diced onion, chopped carrots and celery. Cook and gently stir for 7-8 minutes and add water, salt and bullion.
- Bring to above a simmer and add chicken thighs.
- Boil the chicken thighs for 10 minutes and add pasta.
- Continue to boil everything for 10-12 minutes before removing chicken from pot.
- With two forks start shredding chicken and add back to pot reheating for 1-2 minutes before serving.