Chicken in Ancho Chili Sauce with Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
I love creating flavor memories with this Cinco De Mayo inspired recipe. I used McCormick's Salt Free Garlic Pepper to flavor my brown rice, Salt Free Southewst Sweet and Smokey for chicken and Chipotle Chili Pepper for more heat to my sauce. That's my flavor story, share yours at www.flavoroftogether.com
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup un-cooked brown rice
- 2 medium Ancho chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. McCormick’s Salt Free Garlic Pepper
- 1 tbsp. McCormick’s Salt Free Southwest Sweet and Smokey
- 1 tsp. McCormick’s Chipotle Chili Powder
- Directions for chicken: Season with Southwest Sweet and Smokey and fry in olive oil on medium heat, 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Directions for rice: Rinse and drain. In small non-stick pot add rice and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and then simmer with lid for 5 minutes or until rice is fluffy. Add juice of lime, cilantro and garlic pepper.
- Directions for Ancho chili sauce: In small pot bring to boil 2-3 cups water and add chili’s and garlic. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until chili’s are soft and rehydrated. In blender add the chili’s, garlic, chili powder, olive oil and 1 cup of water from pot. Blend well and season with a dash of sea salt.