I love Chipotle salads, but I know it can be really high in sodium and higher in calories. I decided to make my own healthier version at home. I skipped the cheese and sour cream to make it lighter as well.
Author: My Nguyen
Recipe type: Lunch
- 2 chicken breast fillet in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients in large Ziploc bag and let marinade in refrigerator for 1 hour. In non-stick heat 1 tbsp. of avocado oil to medium heat; cook chicken breast on each side for 4-5 minutes or until full done. Allow cooling 10 minutes before serving.
- I served with some romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black beans and corn.
- Suggested Salad Dressings:
- Cilantro Lime: Juice of 1 lime, 3 tbsp. olive oil, ⅔ cup chopped cilantro, ½ tbsp. sea salt, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Blend and serve.