Vegan Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
Author: My Healthy Dish
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 3 servings
- 2 pounds of oyster mushrooms
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2½ cups vegetable oil
- Season flour with paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut milk, hot sauce and ¼ cup of seasoned flour.
- Wash and dry oyster mushrooms and soak in coconut milk mixture.
- Then dip and coat in flour.
- Heat oil to 350˚F degrees or to medium high.
- Cook oyster mushrooms for about 2 minutes on both sides or until crispy golden brown.
- Repeat process with 3-4 mushrooms at a time.
- Add to cooling rack and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with toasted bun, vegan mayo mixed with hot sauce and sliced pickles.