Tofu Broccoli Stir fry
My Tofu Broccoli Stir fry recipe I often make for when I want more plant protein. I grew up eating tofu and actually prefer it over steak in my stir fry's. The key to making good tofu is frying it on the outside to give it a crispy texture before adding it to your stir fry's. Or else it will have a soft mushy texture that is not appetizing. You can fry it in coconut oil or avocado oil. I serve my Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry with a side of brown rice or quinoa for an extra boost of protein. Please remember to use extra firm tofu when making this recipe for Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry so it won't fall apart when cooking.
Author: My Healthy Dish
Recipe type: Healthy
- 1 Container Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa (follow cooking instructions on bag)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil (you can use coconut or avocado oil if you don't have)
- 2 cups cut broccoli florets
- ½ tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. of sweet chili sauce
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tofu into five equal sections.
- With a paper towel absorb as much liquid from the tofu as possible.
- Heat coconut oil to medium high in a non-stick pan and cook tofu 4-5 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Place cook tofu on paper towel to absorb extra oil and cut into cubes.
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes to slightly cook them. (I do a short cut, by adding ¼ cup water in large microwaveable bowl, add broccoli florets, cover and microwave for 5 minutes)
- Heat up a tsp. of sesame oil to medium heat and toss in the garlic, tofu, broccoli, soy sauce and sweet chili sauce.
- Serve with brown rice.