Storing Tomato Sauce
- 8-10 Roma tomatoes
- 2 14.5oz Can plum tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 small onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. Oregano
- A large handful of fresh basil
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. Salt
- ½ tbsp. Black Pepper
- Blend onion, garlic and olive oil until smooth.
- In large pot simmer over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes or until blend is translucent and garlic starts to brown.
- Blend Roma, canned tomatoes, paste, oregano, basil salt and pepper until smooth or if your preference is chunky.
- Add mixture to large pot as well and stir until sauce is mixed well.
- Increase heat to medium high for 5 minutes and simmer low for 20 minutes.
Directions for Canning: Boil Mason Jars and lids to sterilize. Pull out with tongs and let dry. Pour sauce in jars leaving an inch of space on top. Twist lid on jar and boil in pressure cooker for 45 minutes. Pull out and allow cooling at room temperature. Remember to store in a dark place like your pantry, it should be good for about a year. Here’s my short cut: You can also just pour sauce in jars and store in freezer for 2-3 months, skipping that whole process.