Steak Fajita Bowl
Move over Chipotle, your salad bowls don’t even compare to my steak fajita salad bowl. No longer will I settle for your skimpy steak portions or pay an extra $1.80 for guacamole. Homemade will always be better in price and taste.
Author: My Healthy Dish
- Ingredients steak:
- 12-14oz sirloin steak thick cut (1 ½ to 2 inch thick cut)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- Salad bowl:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 avocado
- 2 mini Persian cucumbers or half English cucumber
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup un-cooked quinoa
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Season steak on both sides with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. In large cast iron pan heat avocado to medium high. For medium steak. Make sure pan is hot and sear steak on both sides for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low heat and cook for another 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Step one: In small saucepan pour 1 cup water and ½ cup un-cooked quinoa. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and germ has spiraled out.
- Step two: Slice red and green bell pepper and remove seeds and white membrane. In large non-stick pan heat avocado oil to medium and add garlic, sliced bell peppers and ½ tsp. of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until al dente. Do not full cook because peppers should still be crisp when biting into.
- Step three: Thinly slice avocado and place in small bowl with lime juice and ½ tsp. of salt.
- Step four: Chop romaine lettuce, wash in coriander and drain water.
- Step five: Slice Steak
- Step Six: In large bowl pile your salad. Start with romaine on the bottom for your base. Add cooked quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado soaked in lime juice, bell peppers and steak. Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
I wanted to give you a look inside my cook book My Healthy Dish : More Than 85 Fresh & Easy Recipes for the Whole Family and she one of my favorite recipes in the book, my Steak Fajita Bowl. Black Friday sale is also early because it’s on sale now for $16.99 from $24.99. One one for yourself and give one as a gift for Christmas. What better present for your loved ones than the gift of health.