Strawberry Champagne Sorbet
Author: My Healthy Dish
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 4-5 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of champagne
- ½ cup of simple syrup
- For simple syrup - small sauce pan simmer ½ cup water and 3 tbsp. of sugar or stevia. Stir until completely dissolved and cool.
- In blender add strawberries, champagne and simple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in ice cream maker and turn on for 30 minutes. And then freeze for another hour in freezer.
- You can also pour mixture in deep dish trey and freeze.
It’s finally Spring and in California that means strawberry season! I wanted to celebrate with some champagne so I decided to make Strawberry Champagne Sorbet. Yes, you read it right. I spiked strawberry sorbet and it was life changing! You will love it, trust me. Did you know that a lot female celebrities opt for champagne during events because it’s fewer calories than wine? Four ounces of champagne is only 90 calories. I don’t drink that often, but I do believe in moderation. My Strawberry Champagne Sorbet is still a low calorie treat. 1 serving of strawberries is only 48 calories. Not only is it low in calories, but high in fiber and packed with nutrients like Vitamin C. Strawberries is a heart healthy fruit. It aids in decreasing bad cholesterol, increasing good cholesterol and and lower blood pressure. You can indulge in a sorbet with no guilt! The sweetness of the strawberries paired with the tartness of champagne is delicious. I’m looking forward to my next ladies night so I can treat them to my Strawberry Champagne Sorbet. It can even make a great Sunday brunch addition. Champagne is often served with brunch so why not try Strawberry Champagne Sorbet?