My coach said for optimal results I need diet breaks. It’s actually physically and mentally healthy for your body to indulge occasionally in food when training because it increases your metabolism. So twice a week I have a cheat meal or a treat. I still continue to see a lower number on the scale during my weekly weigh ins and I’ve been able to wear clothes that haven’t fit me in years! This past Sunday I had a decadent non-dairy Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Milkshakes with Häagen-Dazs Non-dairy Chocolate Salted Fudge Truffle, almond milk, peanut butter and bananas. I even made non-dairy whip cream with coconut cream. It was so rich and creamy and I didn’t feel any guilt for indulging in my chocolate peanut butter cravings. It’s all about balance when dieting, but food is still meant to be enjoyed. And believe me, I enjoyed that Peanut Butter Banana Fudge Shake!
Make these using your favorite flavors. You can save $2 on 3 Häagen-Dazs or other participating Nestlé ice cream products at Safeway. Look for the coupon in the frozen foods offer section of Safeway’s just 4 u. Link: http://lynk.to/MYNGUYEN
- 4 scoops of Haagen Dazs Non-Dairy Chocolate Salted Fudge Truffle
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp. Coconut sugar
- Chill can of coconut cream in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so the fat separates from the coconut water. Open can and scoop out coconut cream. Save the coconut water for to drink or smoothies. Whip with coconut sugar until fluffy.
- In blender add Häagen-Dazs Non-Dairy Chocolate Salted Fudge Truffle, almond milk, peanut butter and banana. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Pour into two chilled glasses and top with coconut whipped cream.