With the holidays around the corner, it can be a dash to get everything together, from getting all the presents under the tree to planning what the holiday dinner will look like. In the midst of it all, you can’t forget about eating healthy. I created this Shrimp Stuffed Avocados dish to help beat the clock and give you a light dish that’s packed with nutrients. By using Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi, you can make this dish in less than 30 minutes, and my favorite part is that it’s the easiest clean-up around! Who has time to cook AND clean during the holidays?!
Shrimp scampi sounds intimidating to make, so instead of doing all the dirty work of cleaning shrimp and watching carefully to not overcook, let Gorton’s take care of that for you. You may recognize the yellow-raincoat fisherman on the package from foods like fish sticks, but this Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi is a step up in not only flavor and fancy, but it’s also so easy to make and clean up. Their secret is the Bake Perfect Oven Bag, which locks in flavor for a perfectly cooked seafood. All I had to do was simply preheat the oven, place the bag on a metal sheet, and then pop it in the oven.
While the shrimp was cooking, I used that time to prepare the other ingredients. I added red and green bell peppers not only because it’s festive, but also we could all use the extra Vitamin C during this cold season. The avocados add not only healthy fats, but they also act as a dish to hold the food, which equals even LESS dishes!
After about 25 minutes, the shrimp was done and so was all my prep. I cut open the bag and was so delighted to see plump and juicy shrimp bathing in a fragrant scampi sauce. No rubbery shrimp here! But then again, I had no doubt in this product as Gorton’s has been around for 167 years and has been trusted for quality food for decades.
I’m keeping an extra box of Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi in my freezer for another time when I need a quick and delicious meal with almost no clean up. Simply put, that’s my kind of holiday present for this busy mom! To find this product nearest you, just click the link and you can check via their store finder.
- 1 package Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ⅛ cup diced red onion
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook Gorton’s according to package.
- While the shrimp is baking, prepare the ingredients: dice the red & green bell peppers and onions, and chop the cilantro.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out some of the avocado around the hole from the pit, leaving a thinner layer of avocado in the shell. Mash the avocado that was scooped out.
- Squeeze half of the lime on the avocado in the shells to prevent it from browning.
- When the shrimp is done, carefully remove from the package and drain, reserving one teaspoon of the sauce it was cooked in.
- Cut shrimp into smaller pieces, about 3 cuts per shrimp. Reserve 4 shrimp whole for garnish if desired.
- Mix together shrimp, mashed avocado, red and green bell peppers, red onion, cilantro, and 1 teaspoon of reserved sauce. Squeeze in half a lime and stir.
- Scoop the mixture into the avocado shells and enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Gorton’s Seafood, all opinions are my own.