Now that the pool is cleaned and the kids are out of school for the summer, that can only mean one thing: more pool parties! You never know which days are going to be scorchers, which also means you never know when those family and friends start calling to take a dip in the pool… which also means you might have to prepare something for those hungry tummies with no warning. That’s why I like to keep a bag of Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks in my freezer. In less than 20 minutes, I can easily whip up my Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream, and in less than 5 minutes, they can easily get devoured!
I usually have taco ingredients stocked up in my house. Tortillas and avocados frequently show up on the menu, so these fish tacos are really a no brainer. Gorton’s uses 100% real fish in their fish sticks, and the crunch is something that I could never replicate if I tried to make it on my own. But why would I want to do that when Gorton’s has already perfected the recipe and it saves me energy? So Instead of breading my own fish and making a huge mess, while the fish sticks are baking, I have plenty of time to whip up the avocado cream and make a small bowl of fresh mango salsa.
So how do these fish tacos compare? I’ve been to so many beach-side taco shops, and these fish tacos could easily contend. The crunch from the purple cabbage adds another contrast to the cold and creamy avocado cream, and the sweetness of the mango compliments the fish. Plus, all the added fruits and vegetables only add to the vitamins and nutrients in this meal. But the colors on your plate is what really makes these fish tacos special because one look at them and you wouldn’t guess how easy they are to make. Give them a try and you’ll see exactly what I mean!
- 24 Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 large avocado
- ⅓ cup lite sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 ½ tsp. Sea salt
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 425˚F and Bake Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks for 12-14 minutes. Flip after 8 minutes.
- For avocado cream add avocado, sour cream cilantro, ⅔ juice from the lime and 1 tsp. Sea salt. Blend until creamy.
- In small bowl mix in mango, tomatoes, onions, remaining lime juice and salt.
- Heat tortillas, add a bed of shredded purple cabbage, 2 Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Sticks, a spoon of mango salsa, a spoon of avocado cream and a sprinkle of cotija cheese.