- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can 14.5oz light coconut milk
- ½ onion
- 1½ tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 thai chili peppers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In large pot add chicken stock and bring to boil. Add butternut squash, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, curry powder, fish sauce, maple syrup,1/2 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Bring down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl add cornstarch and a tablespoon of water. Mix with for until diluted and pour and mix into pot. Then add coconut milk and bring to a boil again for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken and onions and add to large bowl. Add tumeric, remaining garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and mix.
- In large pan heat olive oil to medium high heat and add season chicken and onions. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until chicken brown and fully cooked.
- Serve chicken, curry and chicken.
My recipe for Curry Chicken Butternut Squash is not only healthy, but full of flavor. With simply swapping out a few unhealthy ingredients and replacing it with a healthier alternative, I was able to have a delicious Thai dinner that my family can enjoy.
Slice chicken and place in large bowl. Add seasoning and sliced onions. Sauté in large skillet with olive oil.
In lage pot, boil chicken stock, cubed butternut squash and seasonings. Bring to boil and down to simmer until squash is soft. Add coconut milk last 5 minutes of cooking.
I used wild brown rice, but any rice will do. For added flavor cook rice in chicken broth and a pinch of salt.