I love Chipotle Chicken Salads from Chipotle, but I know it can be really high in sodium and higher in calories. I decided to make my own healthier version at home. I skipped the cheese and sour cream to make it lighter as well. My version of Chipotle Chicken Salad is very simple to make and uses a lot of fresh ingredients. I suggest making a 3-4 servings of the chipotle chicken and store in fridge or freezer to throw in any salad. This way you can have Chipotle Chicken Salad any day of the week and it's a quick meal you can throw together. Not to mention a lot cheaper than going to Chipotle. You Can also use the chicken to tacos or my personal favorite cilantro lime brown rice. I will have do another recipe just for that on my next blog post. Very simple and delicious. Enjoy!
Author: My Nguyen
Recipe type: Lunch
- 2 chicken breast fillet in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients in large Ziploc bag and let marinade in refrigerator for 1 hour. In non-stick heat 1 tbsp. of avocado oil to medium heat; cook chicken breast on each side for 4-5 minutes or until full done. Allow cooling 10 minutes before serving.
- I served with some romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black beans and corn.
- Suggested Salad Dressings:
- Cilantro Lime: Juice of 1 lime, 3 tbsp. olive oil, ⅔ cup chopped cilantro, ½ tbsp. sea salt, 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Blend and serve.
- Allow chicken to cool before adding to salad.