My Loaded BLT Wrap has all the essentials for a BLT…but without the bread so you can add it to your diet whether you’re doing keto, Whole30, paleo, or just want something low-carb.
It’s so good that even bread-lovers would appreciate all the flavors of that classic sandwich, loaded up with other hearty ingredients that would make lunch time something to look forward to.
I started by making a lemon aioli. Mayonnaise used to be taboo in the diet world, but in these high-fat, low-carb diets, mayonnaise is totally fine if you get the right kind. This mayo uses avocado oil and other simple ingredients and is approved for keto, Whole30, and paleo too.
What else does a Loaded BLT Wrap consist of? Everything that a regular BLT has, and then some more! First are the basics: I loaded up crisp Romaine lettuce with crunchy bacon, and juicy tomatoes. That’s the BLT, and I could have stopped there but it gets better with hard-boiled eggs for more protein, and avocado for healthy fats. Both of those ingredients give a soft-texture that balances well with the crunch from the bacon and lettuce. Then, I topped it off with chives and sliced red onion for a kick. My Loaded BLT Wrap is so good, you won’t even miss the bread with all this flavor.
- Lemon Aioli
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- BLT Wrap
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned and dry
- 1 avocado, cut in chunks
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- For lemon aioli, mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice.
- To build the BLT wrap, lay out Romaine lettuce and spread about 1 teaspoon of lemon aioli. Continue by loading up the lettuce with the remaining ingredients.