For those mornings when you just need a little more, this Simple Keto Breakfast Plate will keep you feeling ready to take on the world! The variety of flavors, textures, and colors will make breakfast a bit more fun to eat, but since it’s low carb and high protein, you know it’s fitting within your diet goals. You can eat each ingredient separately or mix it up all together, but I personally like to pick a couple ingredients to try together for each bite. Either way you do it, it’s a delicious way to start your day!
I wouldn’t call this a Simple Keto Breakfast Plate if it wasn’t simple. By only using one pan for all the ingredients, you’re saving a bunch of time for clean up. You start by cooking the bacon, then use some of that fat to cook the cheesy eggs. You’ll probably be drooling at this point, but you have to hold it for just a few minutes to cook the kale and mushrooms. You need to make sure to have healthy nutrients at each meal, not just low carb and high protein, so the kale will definitely provide some fiber and Vitamin A. Then plate everything up and add some grape tomatoes and your Simple Keto Breakfast Plate is done!
- 2 eggs
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup kale
- 2oz grape tomatoes
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large pan fry bacon at medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove bacon and drain most of the fat leaving a little in pan to cook eggs.
- Scramble to eggs and add to pan. Cook on medium low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes and add cheese. Remove eggs from pan and add sliced mushrooms and kale. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Plate eggs, bacon, kale, mushroom and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper,