Don’t let the name fool you, because even though my Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce recipe may sound like a fancy recipe, it’s actually super easy to make. It only takes 20 minutes and minimal steps to have this done and ready for dinner. With a dish like this, you can easily make the Chimichurri Sauce ahead of time and just make the salmon before serving. At that rate, you can have dinner done in 10 minutes!
What exactly is Chimichurri Sauce?
Chimichurri Sauce is a flavorful sauce originated from Argentina and it’s typically used for grilled meat. My version uses parsley, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic. Just add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend. You don’t even have to chop the herbs, it’s that simple!
My Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce would taste great with a side of vegetables. I tried it with green beans, but you can really have it with any of your favorite seasonal veggies. If you love the flavor but want to switch it up, you can even use the Chimichurri Sauce with other grilled meats, like my Spicy Chimichurri Steak. It’s such a flavorful, versatile sauce that I hope makes it to your dinner table often!
- 2 salmon fillets
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1oz shallots
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a food processor add parsley, cilantro, garlic, shallots, vinegar, 3 tbsp. olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate chimichurri sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- In non-stick pan heat 1 tbsp. olive oil to medium high heat. Season salmon with a salt and pepper and place skin side down.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes and flip over.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until salmon is fully cooked.
- Serve with Chimichurri sauce and a side of veggies.