There’s no shortage of pork in this Pork Cobb Salad. This high protein meal would make a great keto-friendly lunch, but it’s so hearty that this would fill you up for dinner too. Since this recipe serves 8, you can even fill up some meal prep containers and have a few days worth of low carb, gluten free lunches ready to go.
Both bacon AND pork are the stars of this salad, and the air fryer came in handy for that. Now that I know how to air fry bacon, I wanted to test it out to see how it would do with a thicker cut of meat. After I perfectly crisped the bacon, I air fried a pork loin fillet that turned out tender and moist. You might think that’s plenty of protein, but like a traditional Cobb Salad, I made sure to have cheese and boiled egg as well.
My Pork Cobb Salad is a timesaver in the kitchen.
While the bacon and pork are in the air fryer, that leaves plenty of time to prepare the rest of the ingredients. I saved even more time by using a store-bought ranch dressing. There’s nothing wrong with taking shortcuts in the kitchen as long as you’re getting in your proper nutrition. Aside from the protein, this salad serves up some fiber and vitamin C from the veggies, and healthy fats from the avocado…as if you needed more reasons to enjoy this salad!
- Smithfield AppleWood Smoked Bacon Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of cubed cheese
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 medium cucumbers
- In the bottom rack of Air Fryer add 5 slices of bacon and cook at 370˚F degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove and add pork loin and cook at 375˚F degrees for 20 minutes and turn over for an additional 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- While pork is cooking, boil eggs for 8 minutes for a medium boil and add to ice bath.
- Serve slice pork loin with chopped lettuce, sliced avocado, sliced cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cheese, bacon and eggs.
- I chose a store bought ranch dressing, but you can also do blue cheese