Something named Cloud Bread may sound like it came out of a dream, but when you add bacon and call it Keto BLT Cloud Bread, then this is THE low carb lunch of your dreams. The soft and fluffy gluten-free bread with the classic flavors and textures of a BLT are a combination made in heaven. But with the substitution of spinach instead of lettuce and the protein-packed cloud bread instead of regular bread, this version is a healthier BLT that will make you rethink how to make other sandwiches even better for you.
So how do you make this special bread? I’ll admit, it takes some patience to make this Keto BLT Cloud Bread, but after you try it once, you’ll be able to make it again and again with ease. The first secret to the fluffiness of this cloud bread is in the egg whites. If you have anxiety about separating eggs whites from the yolks, my method using an old plastic water bottle is so easy to do, just watch the video for the technique:
After whisking the egg whites comes the second secret to this cloud bread: cream cheese. This balances out the egg flavor and gives the bread a delicious taste. Once you gently mix together all the ingredients, I recommend placing the mixture on a silicone baking mat (affiliate link) so that the bread come out of the oven and off the baking sheet with ease.
While the bread is baking, get the bacon ready. I like to use an air fryer to cook bacon because my bacon comes out perfectly crisped. Plus, just seeing how much bacon fat the air fryer has after making it is pretty amazing. It measure out to almost 1/4 cup of fat! I’m happy to NOT be cooking my bacon in that fat and instead have it drain away in the air fryer.
Once your bread is done and bacon is crisp, just build the Keto BLT Cloud Bread like any other BLT. After you take that first bite, you’ll realize how all the extra effort for making this was totally worth it!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3oz cream cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 tbsp. mayo
- Separate egg whites from yolk.
- In a large bowl add egg whites and baking powder.
- With a handheld mixer whisk egg whites and baking powder until fluffy white peaks.
- In a medium size bowl add yolks and cream cheese. With a handheld mixer whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixed yolk and cream cheese into egg whites. With a spatula gently fold and mix in.
- On a silicone baking sheet scoop a big dollop of cloud bread mix and spread it into circles.
- Pre-heat oven to 325F˚ degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes.