I’ve had requests for chicken adobo recipes, so I thought to step it up and make Instant Pot Chicken Adobo. All these requests came after I made two sinigang recipes (Seafood Sinigang and Traditional Sinigang), a tamarind-based sour soup from the Philippines. I knew that for chicken adobo, doing something different was important. This Filipino dish marinated with soy sauce and vinegar is usually made in one pot, but when you make it in the Instant Pot (affiliate link), this flavor-packed tender chicken will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
One of the real timesavers of my Instant Pot Chicken Adobo is that you don’t have to marinate the chicken. All you do is mix together the ingredients in the pot and let the Instant Pot do its magic. You’ll end up with soft and tender chicken full of flavors from garlic and the soy sauce and vinegar blend. Traditionally, chicken adobo is served with rice, and I can see why: the rice soaks up all the delicious sauce! I hope that you enjoy my Instant Pot Chicken Adobo.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In your instant add soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. With a spoon mixed everything together.
- Cut onion into 4 pieces and smash garlic clove.
- Add to instant pot a with chicken thighs.
- Close lid and set at medium steam for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice