I found a new timesaver in the morning with my Instant Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal. It has the flavors of banana bread, but without baking because it’s made right in my Instant Pot. In less than 10 minutes, this hearty breakfast would be great to fill you up for the day- or even to fill up your meal prep containers.
One thing I love about oatmeal is that it’s a healthy way to trick you into thinking you’re eating a sweet treat.
My Apple Pie Oatmeal used to be a favorite, but now I have to add my Instant Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal in the rotation. I just throw all the banana bread spices in the Instant Pot with the bananas and oats, and the oatmeal is ready in 5 minutes. I have the Instant pot Aroma Professional Plus, which has an Oatmeal setting, so I just set it, but you can also do 5 minutes on high pressure if your Instant Pot doesn’t have it.
This post contains affiliate links.
- 2 cups gluten free quick oats
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup or brown sugar
- 4 cups almond milk
- paste from one vanilla bean or 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In your instant pot, add almond milk, oats, chia seeds, sliced banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Mix everything with a spoon and close lid.
- My Instant Pot is a Aroma Professional Plus and has a setting for oatmeal, but yours might not.
- You can also do 5 minutes on high pressure with your Instant Pot.
- This is optional, but I love to add a ½ tbsp. of butter to my oatmeal to give it a a Umami texture and flavor.
- Serve with pecans or whatever nuts you prefer.