Take your Caprese salad to the next level and serve my Stuffed Chicken Caprese for dinner. It features all the familiar flavors of a Caprese salad but prepared in a different way. All the ingredients get stuffed into chicken breast and then finished off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. When ingredients go so well together, you can’t help but explore other ways of tying al the flavors together.
Stuffed Chicken Caprese
You might think it’s difficult to make Stuffed Chicken Caprese but it’s actually quite easy. Simply cut into the chicken to create a pocket, then fill it with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and mozzarella cheese. To help keep the ingredients from slipping out during cooking, use toothpicks to close up the pocket. Then sear the chicken then finish off in the oven. The cheese will be gooey unlike any Caprese salad you’ve had before!
I like to serve my Stuffed Chicken Caprese over spaghetti for an Italian style dinner, so if you are on a gluten-free diet, make sure to use gluten-free pasta (affiliate link).
- 2 chicken breast filets
- 4oz mozzarella
- 6 basil leaves
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- With a pairing knife cut into chicken to create a pocket. Stuff with cheese, basil and sundried tomatoes.
- With toothpicks close the pocket best you can.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. olive oil and and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron or oven safe pan heat remaining olive oil to medium high heat. Sear chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Pre-heat oven at 375˚ F Degrees and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Slice chicken and drizzle balsamic vinegar.