This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is one that saves me from making a call for pizza delivery on a busy weeknight. In the same time it takes for a pizza to arrive, my dishes from this recipe are already done! And I can assure you that my whole family is just as happy eating this dish, and I’m more than happy to see my kids, and even my husband, chow down on something healthier than a cheesy, greasy pie. But probably my most favorite part about this recipe is that I can make it all in one pan so even if I’m feeling lazy that night, dishes won’t be a problem for me.
What makes my Honey Garlic Chicken so special is the fact that I build up the flavors of the sauce as it cooks. Just simply season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and sear skin side down first to get that beautiful crust on the skin. Flip it over and cook thoroughly, then here’s secret #1: deglaze the pan with water or chicken stock to capture all the delicious browned bits in the pan. Add the green beans, which also get to enjoy a bath in this pool of flavor, then the garlic, soy sauce, and green onions. Last, add the honey and that’s it! One pan and it’s done!
Sure, I could just use a store-bought sauce and call it a day, but I personally think that fresh garlic really makes a difference. Plus, with ingredients so simple as gluten-free soy sauce (affliate link), honey, and salt and pepper, why buy a bottle of a mix when you probably already have those pantry staples? The sauce ends up only costing you pennies rather than a few bucks of a pre-mix, and yet another bottle to add to your fridge.
If I could add another benefit to cooking my Honey Garlic Chicken over having a pizza, it’s that your home won’t smell as good with a pizza being delivered. So instead of having a doorbell excite my family for dinner, I’m letting the aroma from this dish bring my fam down to the kitchen, just waiting to get a taste!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 cups green beans
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- ⅓ cup sliced greed onions
- 1oz silvered almonds
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ⅔ cup water or chicken stock
- In large skillet heat oil to medium high.
- Season chicken both sides with salt and pepper and place skin side down on skillet.
- Sear for 4 minutes and flip over. Sear for another 4 minutes before adding chicken stock.
- Bring down heat to medium and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, green onions and soy sauce. Cook and gently stir sauce for 2-3 minutes and then add honey for cooking last 1-2 minutes. Top with sliced almonds.
- Serve over white rice.