If you’re craving noodles, make them packed with protein like my Creamy Spinach Mushroom Pasta. The combination of chicken breast and chickpea rotini turn this into a high protein, gluten-free meal for your whole family. For vegetarians, just leave out the chicken and you’ll still get a complete protein from the chickpeas and vegetables in this dish.
Chickpeas are such a healthy and versatile food.
Because of that, I have a number of chickpea recipes, like my Chickpea Greek Salad or my Healthy Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I wanted to share that you can enjoy chickpeas in pasta too. Ever since my husband has been eating gluten-free, I’ve found that chickpeas have been on our dinner table more often. Now that he’s had a taste of my Creamy Spinach Mushroom Pasta, I KNOW this will be a frequent request!
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 8 cups cooked chickpea pasta ( I used Barilla Chickpea Rotini)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cube chicken breast and season with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper 1 tsp. garlic powder.
- In large skillet pan heat olive oil to medium heat and add cubed chicken breast.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and mushrooms.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and add spinach.
- Cook for 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Spread everything out to the edges of the pan creating a small circle to melt butter.
- Once butter is melted and mix in gluten free flour.
- Turn down heat to low and mix in milk.
- Stir gently until sauce is slightly thickened and gently fold in cooked pasta.
- Cook sauce is thicken enough to coat spoon.
- Season with remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder.
This post contains affiliate links.