Ever since the girls were little we would go to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins to decorate. I would never carve them, but instead painted them so we could wash it off and bake the pumpkins too.
I would make numerous recipes from one large pumpkin from soups to desserts. One of our favorites has always been pumpkin muffins. This year I filled the muffins with sweetened cream cheese and it was a hit with the family. I typically make these in large batches and freeze them for a quick breakfast in the morning. I simple pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds in the morning and the twins eat them in the car on the way to school.
The recipe for the sweeten cream cheese was really simple, but what was really helpful was using the new Country Crock baking sticks. It was soft and the perfect consistency to blend with the whipped cream cheese. I also mixed Country Crock baking sticks in my wet ingredients for the muffin mix and the creamy soft texture blended perfectly.
My Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins came out moist, soft and chewy. It was perfect and I think my family agrees because there wasn’t much left to freeze after I took them out of the oven.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp. Country Crock Baking Sticks
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Ingredients for Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 cup cream whipped cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. Country Crock Baking Sticks
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- In large bowl add flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking powder, salt and mix. In another large bowl add pumpkin puree, Country Crock Baking Sticks, vanilla extract, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Whisk well. Hand held mixer is best.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix.
- In large muffin pan spray with non-stick oil and scoop 2 ½ oz of batter into each muffin crevice.
- Instructions for Cream Cheese Filling:
- Whip with hand held mixer. Add mixture into small ziploc bag and cut a small opening in a corner. Stuffl each pumpkin muffin with about 1 tbsp. of the sweeten cream cheese filling.
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F and bake for 25 minutes.
This is a sponsored post with Country Crock all opinions are my own.