When there are those times when you get cravings for something sweet and crunchy, my Apple Pie Egg Rolls will do the trick. These crispy desserts are filled with a warm apple pie filling and just hit all the cravings, but the best part is that since they’re air fried, you don’t have to sacrifice your health to satisfy that sweet tooth.
To make my Apple Pie Egg Rolls, first you have to make the apple pie filling. After peeling and dicing the apples, cook them in butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. You will love the smell of your kitchen! It only takes a few minutes to make the filling, and that’s such a relief compared to making a full apple pie!
If you’ve ever made egg rolls before, rolling up my Apple Pie Egg Rolls is the same technique. But here’s where it differs: instead of deep frying them, lightly brush the egg rolls with coconut oil and put them in the air fryer (affiliate link) or the oven. This helps them to get that crisp that every egg roll should have because no one like soggy egg rolls! After, just roll them in coconut sugar for the final touch, and serve with yogurt for breakfast, or vanilla ice cream for dessert. But I’ve found that you might like my Apple Pie Egg Rolls so much that you might eat a few right out the oven!
- 3 red apples
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Peel and dice apples
- Heat large pan to medium heat and add butter, apples ½ tbsp. cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until apples are soft and golden brown.
- Set a side to cool for 15 minutes.
- Wet corners of egg roll wrappers and add about 1½oz of apple filling in bottom corner.
- Roll and tuck the bottom corner over the filling. Fold the two corners to the left and right and roll until complete.
- Repeat with remaining filling.
- Lightly brush with coconut oil.
- Air Fry at 350˚F for 8 minutes or Bake at 350˚F for 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and roll in coconut sugar.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.