Boiled eggs are a great source of protein, but making them can be a guessing game, so I took it to the test to find how to make the Perfect Boiled Eggs. Not everyone loves the same type of boiled egg, so I’m showing you how to make soft boil, medium boil, and hard boil eggs.
To make the Perfect Boiled Eggs, it’s all in the timing. You have to make sure your water is already boiling before gently adding your eggs to the pot. Be very careful when adding them in so you don’t crack the eggs. After you boil it for your selected time, here’s where the important step is: add the eggs to a bowl of ice water. This will save you because it make the eggs easier to peel- no more picking tiny pieces of shells. It’s simple hacks like that make life so much more easier!
Boiled eggs were one of the first things I tried in an air fryer, and although the timing is slightly different, the eggs still turned out great. Check out the air fryer eggs here.
- 3 Eggs
- In a small quart pan boil 6-8 cups of water and add eggs.
- For soft boil, cook eggs for 6 minutes.
- For medium boil, cook eggs for 8 minutes.
- For hard boil, cook eggs for 10 minutes.
- For easy to peel eggs, give eggs a cold ice bath before peeling.