Saturday mornings can be a tough one in my house, as my twin girls always have different breakfast requests. So when one of them asks for regular French toast and the other asks for an upgraded version, Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Rolls, I can’t help but cave in and make both. I don’t mind the extra steps for this recipe because not only is it fun to make, it’s also comforting with the warm and gooey peanut butter. A breakfast like this requires a cold glass of milk to wash it all down, and lately, I’ve been using Clover Sonoma Non-GMO Lactose Free Milk in our house to make drinking dairy a little easier to digest.
When I heard that there is milk that is actually lactose free, it didn’t surprise me that it came from Clover Sonoma. While they’ve maintained a commitment to natural dairy products, Clover is also on the cutting edge for giving a non-GMO milk option to those with lactose intolerance. By adding the lactase enzyme into the milk, this breaks down the lactose, making it easier to digest. People with an intolerance aren’t allergic to milk; they just don’t produce enough of that enzyme. So by adding a little extra to the milk, it can cause a little more comfort…just like how adding a little extra to my French toast gives my girl comfort, too.
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup Clover Sonoma Non-GMO 2% Lactose Free Milk
- 2 Clover Sonoma Organic Eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Using a rolling pin or a heavy pan, flatten the bread. Spread peanut butter on each piece of bread.
- Cut one banana in half, and then cut each half again lengthwise, so that each banana is about the with of the bread.
- Place the banana on the peanut butter side of the bread and roll it up.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil on a griddle or in a pan. Cook each roll thoroughly until crisped.
- Top rolls with 100% maple syrup and sliced bananas.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clover Sonoma. The opinions and text are all mine.