I get a lot of compliments on my skin and inquires on how I keep it so clear and healthy looking. My secret is moisturizing my face with Aloe Vera 2-3 times a week. I also believe that by nourishing our bodies on the inside it will reflect on the outside so I also blend Aloe Vera in my smoothies. The gel in the aloe vera leaf is quite bitter and is really difficult to consume by itself. Here are my top 10 benefits of Aloe Vera for your skin and body.
1. Natural Moisturize Skin – Aloe Vera Gel is 96% water
2. Regenerate skin cells – The Vitamins A, B, C and E along with Choline and Folic Acid help regenerate damage skin and keep it healthy.
3. Repair and build tissue – Aloe Vera contains a protein that has 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the body. This helps with repairing and building tissue and bones.
4. Aids in IBS and Constipation
5. Natural remedy for sun burns, eczema and rashes
6. When consumed aids in reducing inflammation
7. Helps in Weight Loss by improving digestion
8. More affordable than most skin products on the market that only contain a small percentage of aloe vera
9. Aloe Vera helps in Detoxification – when consumed the gelatinous gel absorbs toxin when traveling through the intestinal tract
10. Aloe Akalizes the body by helping balance Ph levels
- 1oz aloe vera gel
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup mango
- 1 tbsp. honey (this is optional, aloe vera is very bitter if you're mango is not sweet or ripe enough then you might need to add a little honey to your smoothie)