Pineapple Shrimp Mock Fried Rice
- 1 pound of peeled shrimp
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder or 1 teaspoon of Sriracha
- Cook quinoa in small pot, 1 part quinoa 2 parts water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover with lid (you can also use a small rice cooker).
- Heat oil in non-stick pan with garlic and onions, then add shrimp and chili powder.
- When Shrimp is fully cooked add egg, cooked quinoa and pineapple.
- Stir gently until for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and then add soy sauce.