Hi guys! I’ve partnered with Carton Council to raise awareness about recycling carton products. I want to show you how easy it is to incorporate delicious ingredients packaged in cartons into your daily meals. In fact, you’re probably already doing it!
Carton products are not only great to cook with, but also environmentally friendly. Choosing carton products are better for the environment because you can recycle them after use. For my Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta, I used white wine, whole milk and roasted red pepper soup as my carton products. Check out the full video below and see how easy it was to make!
We would love to see what you create in your own kitchen with carton products. Enter in the Cooking With Cartons Dinner Party Sweepstakes for a chance to win $1000 to host your own carton themed dinner party. Entering is easy – just go to www.recyclecartons.com/Win to sign up and then get additional entries by submitting your very own carton recipe creations on your IG using #CartonSweepstakes.
I love that we can still cook and make a positive impact on our environment by choosing and recycling carton products.
This post is sponsored by the Carton Council. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States & DC residents, 18 and older. Void outside 48 contiguous U.S., D.C. and where prohibited. Ends 3/15/17. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit www.recyclecartons.com/win.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Carton Council. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Ingredients for Shrimp:
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave tails on)
- ⅔ cup white wine in a carton
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 oz chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Ingredients for Sauce and Pasta:
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 ¼ cup milk in a carton
- 1 cup roasted red pepper soup in a carton
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pound un-cooked linguini pasta
- 1 tbsp. salt for pasta water
- Soak frozen peas in hot water and drain. In large skillet pan heat olive oil to medium and add minced garlic. Increase heat to high and add white wine, bring to a boil and down to simmer. Simmer until wine reduces to half amount. Bring heat back to medium high heat and for add shrimp, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook Shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. Stir in peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside. Save basil to sprinkle over pasta dish.
- In medium saucepan melt butter on medium low heat and then add flour. Stir flour into butter until flour absorbs all the melted butter and then add milk. Stir continuously until sauce is slightly thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Mix in roasted red pepper soup, grated Parmesan, garlic powder and salt. Simmer on low until sauce thickens and coats spoon. Add peas and remaining wine sauce and stir. In large pot boil 4 quarts water, stir in 1 tbsp. salt and add pasta. Boil for 9-13 minutes or pasta is al dente and drain in coriander. Mix pasta in into sauce, top with Shrimp and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.