I love oat waffles for breakfast. I added maple sugar to this recipe because it can be used in replaced of maple syrup. it gives a the waffle a little my crisp and a subtle carmel taste once the sugar cooks.
Author: My Nguyen
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Ingredients for Quinoa Waffles:
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup oat flour (make your own by blending 2 cups of oats)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2½ tablespoon of maple sugar (optional if you don't have it)
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Add all contents in blender to mix. You simply pour your batter straight from the blender onto the waffle iron. Just remember to preheat the waffle iron and spray with coconut oil before pouring batter. Most waffle irons have a timer that tells you when to flip. For some reason yours don’t, it should take 2 minutes of cooking on each side for a golden crispy waffle.