Baked Cinnamon Apples with Oatmeal
I love the smell of Baked Cinnamon Apples with Oatmeal. Whenever I make it the house smells so inviting and warm. I love having this for breakfast, but it does taste like dessert to me as well. I don't feel guilty when indulging in Baked Cinnamon Apples because it's filled with oatmeal. Now that the holidays are here, I think this would be a great morning breakfast to make for the family.
Author: My Healthy Dish
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 large red apples
- ½ cup pecans
- ¾ cup rolled oats uncooked
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Cut apples in half. With a spoon scoop out core and and create a crater.
- Crush pecans and save half for topping.
- In large bowl mix crushed pecans, room temperature butter, rolled oats, cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Stuff cooked oats into apple.
- Place apples onto cooking pan, top with remaining pecans. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375˚F
- (Adding shaved dark chocolate - optional.)
- Serve with vanilla yogurt and honey